HOME               ABOUT                CONTACT


Apr 8, 2016

Old pizza chain logos


I'm a sucker for ingenious marketing and branding. I especially appreciate the talent and effort it takes to create a good looking corporate logo that can withstand the test of time.  That being said,  many old pizza logos are permanently emblazoned deep in my memory banks.  Here are some of my favorite old time pizza logos, along with their new counterparts..



 Shakey's Pizza Retro Logo


New Shakey's Logo

Shakey's Pizza was my family's favorite pizza chain when I was a a boy.  Most of the old signs in front of the restaurants also read "& Ye public House" at the very bottom of the sign.  The logo just had a classic feel to it, that just screamed good old fashioned pizza.  While the newer logo doesn't exude the retro goodness that the old one does, it definitely does scream fun.

If you're a big fan of the old logo like I am, many of the Shakey's restaurants in the United States still utilize the old logo throughout the restaurants, and some even still use the classic signs out in front of the stores.  


Early Pizza Inn Logo
 



Current Pizza Inn Logo


Pizza Inn was a restaurant chain I remember seeing a lot when I was a kid.  I always loved the old logo featuring an Italian cat hand tossing a pizza.  In fact.. his name happens to be "JoJo" and if I could buy a shirt or hat featuring his friendly looking mug, I most certainly would!  The Pizza Inn Logo directly above been simplified a bit, but still has a nice retro look to it. I'm just happy they have never broke away from using JoJo's happy face!


Old school Pizza Hut Logo from before my time!



1980s Pizza Hut Logo I remember as a kid
 




The current Pizza Hut Logo


The new Pizza Hut logo.  In my humble opinion it's a bit snazzier, albeit more vanilla, with a home desktop publishing vibe to it.



1959 Little Caesars logo



1980s Logo

Current Logo
Little Caesars has made some minor tweak to their mascot over the years, but all in all, they've stuck with a logo reminiscent to the original.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.. right?



1970s Domino's Pizza Logo


Current Domino's Logo

So while the logo hasn't radically changed, Domino's recently launched a advertising campaign adamantly stating that they were changing their name from Domino's Pizza, simply to "DOMINO'S".  Basically, they want to be known for more than just pizza.  My suggestion (take it for what it's worth) is that in business, you should stick with what you know, and not try to be something you're not.  I've seen many a business nose dive because of over diversifying.

So that's it for now.  There are many more pizza logos out there that have been totally re-tweaked over the years, so I very well may have to do another post like this one in the future to showcase them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizzaholics of the world.. Holler at me!